So here you are in pieces♥ | Trying to prove♥ | To us it's real♥

IT'S OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 Tuesday, December 02, 2014 // 0 comments


bOOyEAH! Guess what!FINALS IS FINALLY OVER,I'M SO HAPPEH!

Not that I think I've done well for finals,it's more of the opposite but who cares,IT'S GRADELESS FIRST SEM!

But still,I tried my best and I did put in efforts to prepare for my finals this time round unlike MTT though its still last minute work which I doubt would be effective.23 december,my fate for Year 1 Sem 1 will be sealed,but till then,I'm just gonna be a relax bear like most of my peers right now enjoying their lives in SG or overseas (I'm so jealous over the fact that so many friends get to go overseas after a tiring first sem in NUS).But nevertheless,I'm still satisfied with whatever plans I've made for the short 1 month break before the mugging craze starts all over again in January:(

First up,I have to decide and map out my modules for the next sem because MPE starts tomorrow!!!Gosh,my last paper just ended in less than 10 hours time,but that's NUS la,shouldn't complain so much but yeah,I'm those people who panic very easily like right now as I am typing,I'm reading up some comments on modules and minors.I'm intending to take a minor along with my major.I'm set to declare geography as my intended major for now,but I will still be leaving my choices open for now so that I can change whenever I feel like it,but most importantly it is the mapping of modules that worries me.Been reading up on double countings,S/U, requirements etc,could understand most of it but I really have no idea what modules to take for Year 1 Sem 2,just know that I'm still sticking to 5 mods per sem.

Probably 2-3 geog modules at Level 2000 then 1 more GEM module (hopefully can take with Melissa) and 1-2 modules for minor depending on the number of geog modules I will be taking.I've roughly chosen my intended minor,I'm still considering between Urban Studies (Almost all geog majors take that which I think will be very competitive and I won't thrive in that kind of environment but good thing is that it's highly related to geog and many geog friends are there), Aquatic Ecology (It is a bit more sciency but definitely still related to geog,it's offered by the Department of Life Sciences and Geography so I'm really kin in it,plus currently not many of my geog friends showed interest in this so hopefully there would be less competition if I decide to take this), then there are also minor in English Language (I really love the EL1101E exposure module) and minor in Chinese Translation (new minor,but sounds so cool and I really love chinese but I think I will just die in there).I must say I'm really thankful that FASS and in fact NUS have been very supportive in providing a holistic education for all undergrads,I really appreciate the flexibility we are given to choose and plan our own academic progression:)

Oh btw,I shall just post a short summary of my reflections for Finals for reference if anyone intend to take any of these modules (These are subjective reflections,may differ from person to person so please don't take it too seriously plus I haven't been that hardworking either).

SC1101E: This module is definitely do-able,just that it is super duper content heavy and at times,I just feel like giving up with those weird theories at first.But once I got the gist of what sociology is about-Using sociological lenses to look and analyse sociological events and use the theories to back up and explain your opinions,I think that getting at least a B+ or A- is not that much of a problem.If you work harder like my friends,you should be able to end up with an A.But yeah,a B+ shouldn't be that tough.This module consisted of a short assignment,MTT and finals plus your class participation.I didn't really enjoy the tutorials (once in 2 weeks) because I'm always lost midway,but thank God for good tutor,I got Harry as my tutor and he was very passionate in his teachings and his summaries and real-life examples helped a lot.I did average-ly for my short assignment because of the tight schedule I had for all my projects esp GE1101E and as a result I had to redo my short assignment a few days before deadline because I felt that my first draft wasn't up to standard and I decided to change topic.I did decently for MTT,not very good but above my expectations,I studied quite hard for MTT and even skipped GE lecture to prepare for the SC MTT.Finals was alright but since I haven't got back my final's grade for SC,I can only say that it was quite manageable,able to complete 2 full essays (For finals we had to choose 2 essays from 6 choices in 2 sections) and all the topics that I focused CAME OUT,it was really spot on but I must emphasise that I did not spot questions but focused on my stronger topics and did not have time to finish my weaker topics.So I was pretty lucky,and I guess it gave me confidence during the exam knowing that I'm well-prepared and could actually do most of the questions despite only having to choose 2 out of 6.

GE1101E: This paper was hell,I studied the most for this and even did several questions from the past year papers and got it checked my my tutors but in the end,TIME MANAGEMENT ISSUES,damn,I think I'm stuck in a curse for geog and I can never ever get the grade that I desire for geog or deserve for the amount of efforts I've put in,it was a huge disappointment and I shall see how badly I fared once the results are out.But for now,I really don't wish to recall what happened on that day.This module included 2 parts-Human and Physical geog.For human,we had to do a big project on 2 topics and theres a 4 hour lab session where we discussed what we learnt.My tutor was Clara,and she's really nice,love to have her as my tutor again if possible in future.The for physical part we had 4 hours of lab too and they involved fieldwork and some good nerve wrecking research tasks on maps.Definitely learnt alot for this module as it is very diferent from JC content.

SN1101E: It was my third consecutive paper of that hell exam week and by then my brain was quite fried already,lesson learnt,never ever squeeze in consecutive papers that is essay-based in a single week and consecutive days.This module involved 2 hour tutorials (once in two weeks) where each group are split based on index number and had to pick a topic to present it to the class which I think is still reasonable.I was fortunate to get good group mates and we worked together really well and after the presentation,we had to email a short summary to the tutor.Class participation consists of 15% of our final grade,I did quite well for my MTT which I was quite surprised,I did very well for my MCQs but not my essay hence the grade.I'm really happy with my score and that's what motivated me to study hard for finals.Can't say I studied very hard for SN finals but I did my best so no regrets.

EL1101E: My forth consecutive paper in that week,that goodness it was MCQ but for this mod,as long as you studied and pay attention during tutorials (once per week,1 hour each session) you should be able to do well.Tutorial attendance consist of 10% I think. We had MTT,everyone did very well then we had a huge project that was pretty tough given that it clashed with our MTTs and we couldn't start till our MTTs ended and we had to do research, surveys and a reading.I did this project with Melissa and we did quite decently but again many did very well too and some even got full marks but it's alright we did our best and I'm pretty satisfied with our grade.Finals was ok,but I'm not really confident of getting at least an A- cause of the competition:( But definitely a good module to clear the Humanities basket;)

GEK1515: My fifth module but it's not consecutive,just ended it in less than 10 hours,this mod is to satisfy my science GEM requirement and it's one of my favourite mod of this sem.This mod does not have any tutorials but the lectures were pretty intense and content heavy.The project was crazy cause we had to do a sem-long outreach but thankful to have cooperative groupmates too except for 1,but I've learnt a lot from this mod.Did alright so hoping for the best for finals.

That's all,I will recharge myself over the holidays and do well for Sem 2 hopefully,can't play around anymore:(
For now,I shall continue with my academic planning bit by bit as well as getting my life back,I've been cooping up at home for almost the entire sem,so gotta catch up with family and friends as well as celebrating my favourite festival of the year---Christmas,haiz I still can't decide what to get for Ivan's ((mega burden) birthday-.-

Alright,time for dinner after a long day till then!

With Love,
Cheryl


◀OlderNewer▶


wallflower


"Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor."
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.


Chats♥





Layout by: babypenguin
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
Main sources: