So here you are in pieces♥ | Trying to prove♥ | To us it's real♥

All dogs deserve respect and the best of life
Wednesday, December 3, 2014 Wednesday, December 03, 2014 // 0 comments


It is almost 2pm now,and I've just completed minimal amount of work or nothing at all strictly speaking.

Woke up at 8.50am this morning to the roaring of the thunder,closed all the windows and kept the laundries that were drying outside because my family left for work and school and I'm the only one at home being able to sleep without guilt cause finals is over;)

Then having nothing to do and since I wasn't craving for breakfast,I decided to make use of the cool weather to catch up on more sleep,I'm currently having a bad flu and sore throat,probably the fault of finals,got my brain fried and screwed my health over those late midnight sleeping time and waking up at 5am for finishing up my remaining revision (but we all know too well that nobody can actually finish revising right?) Plus all my papers were 9am ones so I had to leave home latest by 7am so that I would reach nus at least 15 minutes earlier.

So for now since year 1 sem 1 is officially over,it's time for me to decide on my modules to take for year 1 sem 2.I've declared my major and done the MPE but I still have one more chance to change my MPE before the deadline which is next tuesday.Besides one GE module which I'm very sure I would be taking next sem,the other 2-3 GE modules were selected based on my own personal preferences,friend's choices,module reviews,timetable considerations and most importantly,making sure that my exam timetable isn't screwed.

I'm thinking of doing 3 GE modules to clear my major's requirements every sem while setting aside 2 other mods for my UE/SS/GEM so that I would not have so much readings and projects to do in one sem.After 1 sem of clearing FASS exposure modules and my major's foundation module,I think I'm not really suited to take content heavy/readings heavy modules all in one go so a mixture of FASS and other Faculty's modules would be great.

My post thus far hasn't been very related to the topic of my post so this is the short little story that I've read while reading up some module reviews..

So this person (I'm not going to name who because I did not seek any approval for posting the person's name or content so I'm just going to extract some details here and there) whom is a NUS senior created an academic blog and a blog solely to commemorate his/her dog that has passed in 200*.The article was titled Nicky... The Last 9 Days...and I couldn't help but read the details that the person gave of the dog every single day till the last day of his/her journey with the dog.It was all too fast,too fast even for me, as a reader to cope with the sadness of knowing that your dog is slowly slipping away,till the point when you know longer recognise your dog because it has become so weak to even respond to you.Being a dog owner myself,I really can't imagine how I would cope with the grief when time to come.

Right now,my family and myself are doing our best to give my dog the best of life he deserves,not that we didn't treat him well in the past,but we believe that dogs really deserve our respect and all the love we are capable of giving it.My dog has been with me for 9 years and it saw me grew from a rebellious, irresponsible kid to who I am today.Through these years,growing up with my dog has made my journey much more meaningful and it motivated me to do my best in life,reminding me that life is too short to waste it.I really hope that my dog,who has became a part of my life,witness my graduation in 4 years time to mark the end of my academic journey since it saw me through primary,secondary and my JC life.I ought to take this as a learning point,and continue to strive for the best in life just like how I did in secondary school and not just wasting life away and doing the bare minimum in primary school and JC. 

PiPi shall be a great motivation to me for the next and future semesters in NUS and hopefully I would be able to share my glory with him and my family,who were the ones who braved through every storm with me in the years to come.

That's all for today,am going to continue reading module reviews but ultimately I will be selecting modules based on my OWN preferences.For NUS people,do remember to do your MPE before 9 Decemeber 2014!

With Love,
Cheryl




◀OlderNewer▶


wallflower


"Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor."
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.


Chats♥





Layout by: babypenguin
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
Main sources: