So here you are in pieces♥ | Trying to prove♥ | To us it's real♥

Mr Chen's Advanced Birthday Celebration 28/6/14♥♥♥
Sunday, June 29, 2014 Sunday, June 29, 2014 // 0 comments


I strongly doubt Mr Chen will come across this post ever,so I'm just gonna post everything,from the planning to the end of this successful celebration with the geog people of 12S209.

This week has been relatively busy for me,considering that I just came back from a week-long Arts Camp that drained literally all my energy.I shall try to break down the happenings of this week before I forget again because work is just too depressing and my mind would constantly be in a whirl after working.

Monday:Took leave,didn't bother to ask my colleagues to write my name on the board or sms Mdm Poh that I would be taking leave on that day,work now is nothing to me.Since it was my mom's off-day too,we decided to head to Ikea Tampines to grab our breakfast and shop for some essentials.Since Ikea is situated next door to MJ,I decided to collect my SGC too so that I can have a peace of mind that one more burden is down:)Then went back home and catched up on reading The Fault In Our Stars,I'm still halfway done btw,but I've watched the awesome movie already:)My first movie of the year guys!

Tuesday:Went to work,dragged myself to work and did kiosk voluntarily,heck care,I'm now getting used to all those scoldings so yeah,have the end in mind-$$$$ that's what motivates me to continue working.Tired as hell after working and another day gone.

Wednesday:Forced myself to go to work again,for the sake of more money to spend since I've been spending a lot on meals,camps and birthday celebrations.Mdm Poh spared me from kiosk today though I volunteered myself,was damn happy that day but it was nonetheless still tiring.

Thursday:Persuaded myself to go to work and I did,so proud of myself,again I volunteered myself to do kiosk in the morning and did tracing and running after that,uber tired but happy cause I can smell Friday and Saturday~

Friday: Woke up early to do last minute confirmations and prepared everything.Met BX at cp at 2.30pm,so sorry that I was late because I waited for the bus for almost 30 mins,damn 89,always late.We bought a pretty pink cupcakes balloon which I wasn't sure whether Agnes liked it or not,I apologise if she doesn't like it and headed to vivo to get cupcakes from twelve cupcakes.Vivo was our intended destination to catch TFIOS but after Agnes joined us later at vivo,we realised that TFIOS was not screened at GV Vivo until midnight like WTH?!Then BX suggested we go to somerset GV but the earliest screening time there was 6pm so it was too late for Agnes then I suggested to go to Dhoby Ghaut to catch the movie.Fortunately,by the time we reached Cathay and DG,there were still front row tickets left,at least it was better than nothing so the three of us bought tickets under student price at $7 which has gone up from $6.50.TFIOS was damn nice and touching as expected definitely a good choice and worth the money to watch.After which we went to Makisan and had our dinner:)It was my second trip to makisan btw haha.Agnes and BX also decided to surprise me with a pretty photo album they did for me,it was sooooooo pretty but I only got to open at home so they couldn't really tell if I was happy or not,BUT I AM VERY THANKFUL OK?

Saturday:Here comes the best day I was waiting,till my neck has grown to the length of a giraffe's lol,rubbish.It's Mr Chen's birthday celebration and our BBQ session,thanks to Mr Chen for allowing us to use the BBQ pit at his condo and so we wasted one of his chance to book the pit for the year since each unit in the condo are given a fixed number of chances to book the pit per year.It was truly an honour to be able to plan for the session from scratch,on my own and I was so worried that the response would not be good since yeah,my geog class was made up of 7 guys and 1 girl so obviously worries was inevitable.But Mr Chen was super helpful and the class was responsive when the ball started to roll and I'm glad that everyone contributed in one way or another to make this session a success,without you guys,the plan would not be successful either.I can see that Mr Chen was quite happy to be able to catch up with us,I really felt like hugging him but decided to control myself and not land us both in an awkward situation but really,Mr Chen is the best teacher I've ever met in 20 years of my life.It was a virgin trip to Bishan for many of us in the class,and Bishan park is so damn nice can?It's every geographer's heaven,how I wish I could move to Bishan and not stay in a sucky place full of mosquitos like Pasir Ris WTH,besides being near to the airport,I can't really think of any benefits living in Pasir Ris damn.....We had a great time catching up with Mr Chen,knowing that he and his family was doing well,we felt happy for him and he shared with the guys many NS stories which I understood nuts but was happy to see that everyone was enjoying his stories and interacting with him.I felt that I was one of the most fortunate student in the whole universe.Mr Chen encouraged me to pursue my dreams and he believed I would be able to do well if I follow my interest and if I work hard enough,he told me to leave the past behind and embrace what is going to happen in the future.After listening to his advice,I felt more relieved,that my future is not so bleak,because compared to Business,Engineering,Medicine,what can one do with an Arts degree though it is where my interest lies in but I'm just gonna be a Happy kid and heed the advice of Mr Chen,now my senior,and do my best.I aspire to do him proud and come back to thank him in a few year's time.Bidding Mr Chen and his super adorable and intelligent son,Caleb was a saddening moment for me,given that I spent more than 1 month to plan this session but I'm eternally grateful that it was a success and thanks to Diana and Boon Kiat for joining us and making Mr Chen happy with all your accomplishments,I'm so proud of you guys and let's jiayou and do Mr Chen proud!
Second picture we took as a geog class in 12S209,a pity syafiq was down with dengue and mus is no longer able to join us for geog gatherings,but he will be in our hearts forever.For those wondering why our class is so small it's because my CG,12S209 is divided into Econs and Geog people haha,interesting isn't it?:)

WTS was I doing when Kane took this picture.Awkward hand.

Thanks Ocean for blocking the wind that kept threatening to extinguish our candles..

It makes me super happy when Mr Chen smiles,he's a damn cool teacher.:)

And Mr Chen's birthday cake,yep,he's forever 20 years old:P

At least this shot is better:D

With our beloved geog teacher♥

Told you,Bishan's scenery is damn pretty and I don't mind living in the open park (without a house) actually compared to Pasir Ris..


With Love,
Cheryl


◀OlderNewer▶


wallflower


"Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor."
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.


Chats♥





Layout by: babypenguin
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
Main sources: