So here you are in pieces♥ | Trying to prove♥ | To us it's real♥

12S209
Monday, May 19, 2014 Monday, May 19, 2014 // 0 comments







Since I'm currently unemployed,until 26 May,I'm just spending time tidying up things and getting rid of the old.As I was tidying up my cupboard,filled with secondary and JC stuffs which I have yet to fully tidied up,I came across a stack of class photos and year book.It wasn't until I flipped through my JC year book,the only one I got from MJ,I was overwhelmed with nostalgic.

 Looking at my class's photo taken in 2012 and 2013,no words can express how thankful I am to be in this class,I felt really bad not understanding the class sooner and kept thinking that the school didn't like me and hence placed me in 209 instead of 210 which is a high-achieving class,but no,I'm no longer hating the school for placing me in 209 but thankful.209 started as a very horrible class at the beginning,we were at the rock bottom in J1,for nearly all subjects with MSG as high as 7,which pales in comparison against classes like 210.

But as we progressed from mid year to J2,things started to change,everyone worked hard,helped one another,fight for consult slots,forming groups for consultation or study groups,competition could be felt among everyone as we compared our results and teachers showing the class's performance for each test and exam,eventually we made it to the top 20 for math without anyone getting U for prelim and top 20 for chemistry too.There was even a point of time where our performance for H2 chemistry surpassed that of 210 and clinched top 3 spot and the number of people in LT 5 outnumbered that of 210 and many supposedly-better classes.Why am I so clear about this?Because I was the chemistry rep of dear 209 for 2 years.

 I'm sure the entire CG did alright for A level,judging from the smile on Ms Perlin's face,and I'm honestly happy and proud for all my classmates,we've come so far,as a class,we shared joy and tears together,getting scolded by tutors for not submitting work on time,not listening and the whole class punished for not doing math homework except for Kane.Nope,this doesn't mean that our class was bad,but there was a bond,an invisible one,that binds us all together,that allowed us to make every teacher's day surprise a success in the short 2 years in MJ.We made our teachers teared,for good and for bad,those times can never be removed from my mind.

I really enjoyed being in the class,we never had politics,except for occasional gossiping but things never go beyond that,we still helped each other,giving opinions,forgiving,and moved on together,it really warms my heart to realise that though we're a class with different subject combinations,half-econs half-geog,we are still a bonded and cheerful class. It was unfortunate that we couldn't move up to J2 as 5 people were left behind,but I'm happy that most of them chose the correct path,where they would definitely do better in that journey rather than the conventional route we took,it may take longer to taste success,but if you can reach the same goal,why not?I know they're doing well now and I wish them all the best in whatever they do,hopefully our paths crosses someday in future. :)

 The greatest pity and unfortunate event was not what I've mentioned earlier,but was the fact that one of our beloved classmate,a role model,a class supporter-Mustaqim Muhammed couldn't get to receive the results of his hardwork with us as a class.We really miss him,though we tried to avoid touching this sensitive topic in our class's whatsapp group to avoid bringing sadness to anyone,but whenever I logged into Facebook and saw the pictures his brother and my classmates posted and his pictures in my class's photos,I couldn't help but to let emotions take over.I seldom cry,I don't even cry over bad results after graduating from secondary school,but such heart-wrenching fact just got the better of me.

Why?Why must this happen to him?His life wasn't even as fortunate as most of us to begin with (I won't go on to the details out of respect), but nevertheless,he led a very fulfilling life,doing things that I myself wouldn't ever do like playing Frisbee,soccer,competitive shooting or uniformed groups CCA,I wouldn't have been able to cope with studies with a part-time job,I really regretted not doing my part as a chemistry rep,for collecting money from him everytime we purchased new notes since he wasn't under FAS,I really could do something,but I did not do anything to find out what difficulties he was faced with but chose to respect him and leave him alone.Till now,I still feel bad for not helping him with this. I really hope he's in somewhere better,leading a better life now,as he really deserve it,though he won't be able to reap what he sowed-to get into a uni,which he worked so hard for,but all he did,served as a guide,a good example for us to follow-that's what only true leaders will be able to fulfil,shining the way for others.Whenever I feel upset over a trivial thing,Mustaqim's life example would,without doubt,brighten my day.I would do my best and live the life that Mustaqim lived-filled with activities,and overcome challenges without fear even if you started out bad. You will always be in our hearts Mus.

 With Love, Cheryl


◀OlderNewer▶


wallflower


"Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor."
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.


Chats♥





Layout by: babypenguin
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
Main sources: