So here you are in pieces♥ | Trying to prove♥ | To us it's real♥

AM SO BORED..............
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 Tuesday, April 15, 2014 // 0 comments



Ok,I guess since JAE application for foreign students has been closed like FINALLY.......I'm left with nothing to do,just occasional NS Deferment letters to generate and print,some photocopying to do and maybe call up some clinics to follow up on some of the student's medical record.

I'm pretty grateful that TP RO put me in the JAE application and appealing department,otherwise I think I would drown in endless enrolment dociers if I'm put in the enrolment department.It pays to be fast yeah?Currently training myself to be sharp and fast so that I can master NUS's CORS bidding system that would be my friend for the next 3/4 years:(

I'm really torn between what majors I should take up in FASS,anyone out there with any helpful suggestions?Feel free to post a reply in the chatbox:)Much appreciated!

Here are some majors that I'm kinda more interested in and most probably will take up one of them in Year 2:
1. Geography (I took geog since sec 1,and geog is one of my favourtie subject all along but I didn't perform well for three consecutive major exams so yeah...in a BIG dilemma)

2. Sociology (This major was introduced to me by my ex-classmate and a MOE scholar that I met during my teaching internship,she took soci as major in NUS,but well it's new to me so I'm not really that clear about soci..)

3. Mass Comm (I'm attracted to this mainly due to my mom's persuasions,she asked me to consider this as major the past few WEEKS since the release of my A level results,career prospects are much sounder for mass comm compared to geog and soci but I'm not that keen)

4. Economics (This major is the most popular major in the whole of FASS,but to me,popular=competition=fail badly,career prospects for econs is not a worry but problem is I din't even studied econs as H1 in JC and I really am not the kind that bothers about mathematics and the world's economy given that my math totally can't make it,I better not drown myself in misery by taking up econs but who knows?)

5. Psychology (Seems like many people are taking up psych as major but I'm not really interested but may consider)

6. Japanese Studies (sounds super cool!and knowing that I will get to learn Japanese language really appeals to me!but career prospects duhhhhhh)

Anyway,how I wish time can past more quickly,1.15 hours left before the end of today's work!Another load of $$$$ into my bank!yay!Gonna save up for my uni expenses.Although my dad will be paying my full school fees through his CPF cause his useless child couldn't and didn't apply for any scholarship(Teaching scholarship is a big NO-NO for me,I really don't want to restrict myself to teaching,I'm not cut out to be a teacher after all)I have no choice but to rely on my dad's savings.But I will work HARD in uni and get a desirable CAP after Sem 1 and hopefully can apply for NUS's or any private scholarship;)I will work very hard in uni since I slacked too much in JC and I really have no reason to slack in uni further since I would be able to channel all my efforts and time to ONE single major.

I applied for NUS's Financial Aid and it was very very terrible as in NUS's Financial Aid Office kept rejecting my dad's employment letter without informing me the reason and despite so many queries from me via email till yesterday.....AM SO GLAD THAT IT'S APPROVED!Now waiting to accept their offer and get some $$$$$ to offset my dad's financial pressure:D Right now,I should scrimp and save as much as I can and earn more $$$$ before uni starts in 4 August!:)I want to contribute to my tertiary education by working part-time in school and pay for my own fees or I get myself a scholarship which is abit too early to conclude for now......

Goodbyes and great evening!

With Love,

Cheryl


◀OlderNewer▶


wallflower


"Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor."
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.


Chats♥





Layout by: babypenguin
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
Main sources: