So here you are in pieces♥ | Trying to prove♥ | To us it's real♥

Cut off point 2013
Friday, December 20, 2013 Friday, December 20, 2013 // 0 comments


Greetings!Im posting for a while waiting for the bus to arrive.Currently heading to Parkway Parade for my volunteer work for ASD!If I haven't mentioned yet,pardon my goldfish memory,I'm old already,I've been helping out at various organizations and yesterday I served 6 hours as a volunteer at NLB:)Woots,hope all these will be beneficial for my scholarship application though it's a bit too late to update my SGC but nevertheless I believe that I should serve my CIP when I'm free right now,who knows?it might come in handy later.

Erm ok,that's not the crux of today's post,I read the newspaper,it showed some top IP schools and top non-IP school's psle cut off point for the 2014 sec 1 batch.If you're a foreigner,PSLE refers to the Primary School Leaving Examination in Singapore and P6 students are posted to different streams and schools based on their performance in the PSLE.As expected by many parents,the cut off for top IP schools went down,was quote surprising for me cause from what I know,those schools are very strong in almost everything.Then a pleasant surprise,Nan Chiau High,my alma mater is now considered a top non-IP school probably due to more schools turning IP like SCGS,ACS,VS,CGS etc.Im so proud to be part of NCHS before.So NCHS cut off has increased to 242 up from 240 last year.Thats kinda so different from my time.But nonetheless there's also school with good improvements like YTSS from 234 to 236.

I hope that the P6 pupils this year will hopefully get into their desired schools but whether the result turned out to be good or bad,I believe that the more important factor is whether the child himself wants to work hard for the remaining 4 or 5 years and excel in their next national exam or not.Getting into a good or bad school does play a part in helping the child develop,but it ultimately lies in the child whether to make use of his full potential to excel or not.Your fate,lies in your hands,the wise words,never more than true.

That's all!Good bye

With Love,
Cheryl


◀OlderNewer▶


wallflower


"Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor."
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.


Chats♥





Layout by: babypenguin
Best viewed in Google Chrome.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
Main sources: